We are now open for submissions for the Fall 2019 issue.
Dragon Poet Review accepts original poetry, flash fiction, short fiction, short memoir and CNF, book / film / art reviews, and photography / artwork. We accept only previously unpublished material. Please let us know if you are submitting simultaneously. Also, please include a short, third-person bio (150 words or less) and contact information (name, mailing address, email address, and telephone #).
- Photography / Artwork: You may submit up to three images of your original photography or other artwork. Images must be jpegs, and you must include a brief (75 words or less) caption detailing the title of the piece and the medium.
- Flash Fiction and Short Fiction: You may submit up to three flash fiction stories per submission cycle, not to exceed 900 words, maximum, or one short story, not to exceed 1500 words. Text must be 12 point font, Arial, single spaced, in Microsoft Word.
- Short Memoir and CNF: You may submit up to three flash memoir stories per submission cycle, not to exceed 900 words maximum, or one short memoir or CNF piece, not to exceed 1500 words. Text must be 12 point font, Arial, single spaced, in Microsoft Word.
- Literary, art, film, play, and music reviews: You may submit no more than onereviewno more than 900 words. Text must be 12 point font, Arial, single spaced, in Microsoft Word.
- Poetry:You may submit up to three poems per submission cycle, not to exceed 900 words, maximum. Text must be 12 point font, Arial, single spaced, in Microsoft Word.\
Submit through Submittable only:
Upload your submission, 150 word(or less) third-person bio, and contact information to SUBMITTABLE: https://dragonpoetreview.submittable.com/submit. Clearly state “(ISSUE – year) and Submission” in your subject line. This is a labor of love for the editors, outside of our regular day jobs, personal writing, and other family and community obligations. We do our best to reply to all submissions, and publication notices for the upcoming journal will be sent generally within six months (before the next publication cycle, which typically happens on the Winter and Summer Solstices). If you do not hear back from us within that time frame, please feel free to drop us a “follow-up” email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome you to submit again, even if we do not use your work for our current issue.